It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:18 am 

Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
Impenitent wrote:
I recently finished Juniper and Wise Child (which were gifted to me by the generous Elengil). I enjoyed both very much. Wise Child is the better book - more complex, more immersive, more vivid.

Thank you Elengil!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

:love:

I'll admit, I was just so thrilled to rediscover them I made absolutely no attempt to do anything other than just thoroughly enjoy them. lol. But you're probably right. Wise Child was the first one written, so Juniper might have suffered slightly from being a second book, drawing on the hope that the reader had already experienced the first. I am still somewhat surprised at how thoroughly my memory had blended the two.

I am glad you enjoyed them! I wish I could have found a more reasonable (cost) version of Colman to send you. If you ever have the chance to read that one it finishes up the stories nicely, though is told from the POV of Colman which was a little hard for me to remember at times since I was so invested in Wise Child's POV.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:34 am 

I agree. I've read all 3 (from the library). Coleman is difficult for me for the same reason, it being told from the viewpoint of Coleman, but it does wrap the story up nicely. I don't generally get into fan-fiction, but geez, it seems someone needs to write a story for what came next.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 am 

A while ago Jude poste a link to a used book site, and I cannot find where he posted it or remember the site.

Jude? Can you help?

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:13 pm 
of Vinyamar

Was it Abebooks?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm 
Lán de Grás

blackwells.co.uk ?

This was during a zoom chat, that's why you wouldn't find the link on the boards. Until now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 pm 

Man, I had sworn you posted it somewhere, but :doh:

Welp, have it now. Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:56 pm 
Lán de Grás

They have free shipping to Canada, so hopefully to the States as well. They're a viable alternative to the unmitigated horror that is Amazon.

They're based in Oxford, but they have a branch in Edinburgh. I love going there, it's one of those old buildings that have rooms leading off to rooms in unexpected places, like it grew up organically instead of being designed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:23 pm 
1000%

Thanks, Jude. The more viable alternates to Amazon the better!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:34 pm 

The shop sounds like it would be amazing to explore!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm 

Jude wrote:
They have free shipping to Canada, so hopefully to the States as well. They're a viable alternative to the unmitigated horror that is Amazon.

Yes, free shipping to the US. It was free shipping to Australia, too 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:56 pm 
2018 Fitbit Balrog*

Excellent. Thank you.

'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23