The Kindle Books and Resources List

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: The Kindle Books and Resources List

Post by Inanna »

Holy!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Babylon's Ashes just arrived on my kindle! So, if you've been holding back on the next book in The Expanse series, it's now available.
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Got it, too!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

(Sulks & kicks stone....)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Preordered.

<Gripe> Unfortunately, my wife will get it immediately instead of at Christmas. When are Amazon gonna get their act together? I still can't buy a gift voucher for Kindle. I can't buy a Kindle Book and ask for it to be delivered on the 25th. Hell, when are you gonna let me buy the Physical book with Kindle version included? When I buy a CD, they offer me an Autorip version on MP3 for free! Grrr </Gripe>
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Here you can buy an Amazon gift card and use it for Kindle books if you like. But I agree, the kind of timed delivery you're talking about certainly ought to be possible.

I also agree that a Kindle version on the side for nothing or for a significant discount would be a smart move on their part. But I'm sure they make lots of money from people like me who are willing to buy Kindle versions of favorite books they own as books, just so we can always have them in our pockets.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

You can also buy the kindle book as a gift, but instead of emailing it, you can print it out like a gift card. That's what I use for my nephew.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Can't do that on Amazon UK, only Amazon US. Very annoying!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

That's just plain stupid of Amazon!
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Yep! Hence my Gripe. It was the same last Christmas, but I was sure they would have fixed it by now!
eborr

Post by eborr »

I ordered and paid for the audible version but they won't let me have it til tomorrow.

Which is just less than one hour away :)
Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,
eborr

Post by eborr »

just finished listening all I will say is that IMHO it's the best so sar
Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Very glad to hear that, eborr.

I started re-reading the series with the idea of being done and ready for the new one when it arrived, but life is cruel. So I'm only on the third book, and I'm enjoying the re-read so much that I don't want to break out and read the new one yet. So, well, I'll get to it in the next few weeks! Because I get to read for fun now. :love:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Just posting to mention that Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell is $2.99 on Kindle today, for anyone who's been thinking of trying it, or anyone who loves it and wants it in their pocket as well as on their shelf.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

The Kindle Books and Resources List

Post by Inanna »

Ooooh....SO tempting...
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Not on UK site... sigh.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

C'mon, Inanna . . . you'd pay more for a cup of coffee. . . . :twisted:
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Thanks, I would grab that, except that I already have it!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Primula Baggins wrote:C'mon, Inanna . . . you'd pay more for a cup of coffee. . . . :twisted:
Gasp. That's true. Sold.

ETA: just bought it :D
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Yay!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."