Move to a New Host

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Move to a New Host

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Friends,

We are in the process of moving to a new host. I am told that the transition will be seemless and that there should be no down time or lost posts, but to be safe I would suggest saving any posts that you consider to be important. The address will not change. In fact, everything should remain the same. Let's hope. :)

Voronwë
Last edited by Voronwë the Faithful on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

I believe that the transfer just went through. And unfortunately, we did lose just a few posts.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

First bug: there seems to be an error with sending PMs and getting notifications. I'm going to submit my first support ticket that will be a good test.

Please report other bugs here.
Voronwë the Faithful

I think I have fixed the PM/notification problem. Please post if you have a problem.
Voronwë the Faithful

We lost a couple more posts before I deleted the old DNS servers (ironically from this thread). I think we are now good to go, although there was a moment there where it looked like there were two parallel HoF universes.

:shock:

The new host is mxhub.com. Yes, it is the same as b77 moved to. But in investigating hosts, I kept coming back to them as the best choice. I have found no bad reviews, and they have been amazingly responsive to inquiries. I know that it would be preferable not to be on the same host, but in the end I could not escape the conclusion that they were the best choice for us. I am confident that it will work out well.