What on earth?

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
The Only Whistler

What on earth?

Post by The Only Whistler »

I heard somewhere that this place had been flattened and replaced with a convenient parking lot. I am disappointed to learn that this is not the case, as I have had to park in somebody's hydrangea patch.
Visit my fashionable gallery at vanevanfuller.com, home of the bottomless cup o' coffee.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Re: What on earth?

Post by Primula Baggins »

Dear Whistler, you are more than welcome to leave your automobile in the HoF hydrangea patch as long as you wish. It has not been . . . satisfactory of late (green hydrangeas? I grow faint). Perhaps you could offer some suggestions, in addition to the welcome organic contribution dripping from the engine?
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

I have heard rumors, distant and faint, that there have been, in other times and other places, other Whistlers, though I cannot vouch for the veracity of these tales....
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Elenslalmennomentielvo-Quenya.png
Elenslalmennomentielvo-Quenya.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 11399 times
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."