GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Re: GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Post by Primula Baggins »

Welcome, Annabelle! And since I’m posting from Tapatalk, it’s going to be a double!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Annabelle! And since I’m posting from Tapatalk, it’s going to be a double!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, TolkienJRR! I hope you'll find some interesting discussions here!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh goodness. The man himself.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I know!!!!!!!
TolkienJRR

Post by TolkienJRR »

He fellow Tolkien lovers. Looks like a great site. I was thinking of getting Arda Reconstructed and was informed of this site.
“I am in fact a Hobbit (in all but size). I like gardens, trees and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food (unrefrigerated), but detest French cooking; I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humour (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late.”
-J.R.R Tolkien
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

It's a great book by an excellent author. Clearly you have good taste. :)

Welcome!
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Hi J.R.R, I'm glad you are interested in my book! I saw your comment/question at TORN. The purpose of the book isn't to identify the "real Silmarillion"; so far as I can tell there really isn't such a thing. The purpose of the book is to attempt to trace as much as possible the sources of the various parts of the published book and to determine as much as possible what editorial changes were made by Christopher Tolkien and his assistant, Guy Kay. In that I think I was fairly successful.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the book that you might have. And if you do get a chance to read it I would love to read your thoughts about it.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to Gondolin23. I hope you are enjoying the new book!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to Tolkien R.J.J :welcome:
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to Oronin! Are you a cousin of Olórin?
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Oronin!
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to JonasHS! We look forward to getting to know you.
JonasHS

Post by JonasHS »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Welcome to JonasHS! We look forward to getting to know you.
Thank you for the welcome.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I see you've already posted a lovely photo in Nature Pics!
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

So, JonasHS... what brings you to the Hall of Fire? :)
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
JonasHS

Post by JonasHS »

elengil wrote:So, JonasHS... what brings you to the Hall of Fire? :)
I have visited this forum often and I thought that it was time for me to register. And Tolkien is my favorite fiction writer. This forum seems like a nice community too. :)
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

You are obviously a person of taste and discernment. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Please don't hesitate to jump in.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Hi JonasHS, nice to meet you. :)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to nugykepeh!