Congratulations to Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Congratulations to Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I was happy to see that the long-pathetic New Orleans Saints have won their first Super Bowl. The teams run to glory seems to have provided a much-needed boost to the city still trying to recover from the devastation of Katrina. The people of the city have really united around the team in a positive way. It's nice to see sports having a positive influence.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

It was also a Super Bowl I thoroughly enjoyed watching for maybe the first time ever. (The SB is the one pro football game we ever watch.) Some big moments, some really daring and surprising plays. I wanted the Saints to win because they were the underdogs and because they were from NO, and they came from behind and did it. So Mardi Gras has started nine days early.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I was sooo happy to see the Saints win. It was incredible - I don't follow NFL, so wasn't aware that the colts were favorites. I just wanted the Saints to win because their city needs it. And they did. :)

That interception and touchdown-run was something else. Very cool.

It was also our first superbowl party - not at our place - but with us as a part of an American tradition. Was an Indian party, tho. ;)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude