Thoughts after watching DOS

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Thoughts after watching DOS

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Not to mention these smileys:

:oops: :blackeye:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Dave_LF wrote:
Passdagas the Brown wrote:If so, I think your artwork captures some of that primordial beauty that Tolkien taps into.

I agree. I especially like that it shows the hero with a wiry strength instead of a bulky one.

I also like the understated monstrosity of his enemies.
This. I like that impression that the orc figures are not fully formed. Almost as if they are evils in their infancy. The elemental ancestors of the complex and confusing monsters of the modern world.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Whatever you think of the movie as a whole - it's got one of the greatest last lines ever.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Jude wrote:Whatever you think of the movie as a whole - it's got one of the greatest last lines ever.

Yeah, Kili's line about having something down his trousers will stay with me for eternity... :roll: ;)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes