TH:BotFA on BR/DVD

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: TH:BotFA on BR/DVD

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Thanks! Well said.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

It is interesting to watch that trailer again after seeing the film (several times). It continue to find it surprising that so many people that have been fans of Jackson's Middle-earth films, including the first two Hobbit films, find this one so disappointing. I really like it a lot. Although I must say that the trailer made me want to see the EE more than want to see the TE again. Not that I won't take that opportunity soon after March 24.

Edited to add: Or maybe soon after March 3. I didn't notice that at first!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

And the trilogy set with Bilbo's journal is going to be available in the UK:

Since it's pretty similar to the one Lali's friend designed, I won't need to lay out for it after all!

Still aiming to hold out for the EE (well, I can last out for Lent, at least! ;) )
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Nice Trilogy set with wooden casket for the French!

Details on Amazon.fr
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

Nice!
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

For those who haven't rushed out to get the TE yet, (or are still awaiting its release in a month or so...) the running time of the extras:

Recruiting the Five Armies: 11:39
A Six Part Saga: 9:54
A Seventeen Year Journey: 8:59
The Last Goodbye Behind the Scenes Featurette: 11:18
The Last Goodbye music video: 4:21
Trailer #2: 2:33
DOS EE Trailer: 1:34
~Diana Cortes