Wikileaks

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.

On balance, is Wikileaks?

Saints
62%
Sinners
38%

Total votes: 13

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

That's appalling. :neutral:
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

How kind of Assange to throw a bone to Mugabe. I'm sure Zimbabwe will be that much better off for his assistance. :roll:
When you can do nothing what can you do?
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

An odd Tolkien connection to Wikileaks. Salon reports that, in response to the previous leaks, or in anticipation of the expected leaks connected to banking operations, several internet security firms have allegedly been working with Bank of America on responses, and one of them suggested some sort of attack on journalists sympathetic to Wikileaks, including Glenn Greenwald at Salon. Here's the Tolkien twist: one of the security companies is named palantír Technologies!

On the story's appearance, palantír announced that it would no longer have anything to do with HBGary, the company which apparently drafted the plans, and palantír's CEO issued a statement: "I want to publicly apologize to progressive organizations in general, and Mr. Greenwald in particular, for any involvement that we may have had in these matters."
Ghân-buri-Ghân

Post by Ghân-buri-Ghân »

The wikileaks spokesperson, Julian Assange, has begun presenting an interview programme on RT called Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow
His first interviewee is Hezbollah leader Sayyid Nasrallah, the first such interview Nasrallah has given in six years. It is, in my opinion, an interesting and even enlightening piece of broadcasting, as it provides a point of view that is near totally denied by the West's msm.

I wasn't sure if this post should have its own topic, so posted here.
tenebris lux
RoseMorninStar

Re:

Post by RoseMorninStar »

N.E. Brigand wrote:An odd Tolkien connection to Wikileaks. Salon reports that, in response to the previous leaks, or in anticipation of the expected leaks connected to banking operations, several internet security firms have allegedly been working with Bank of America on responses, and one of them suggested some sort of attack on journalists sympathetic to Wikileaks, including Glenn Greenwald at Salon. Here's the Tolkien twist: one of the security companies is named palantír Technologies!

On the story's appearance, palantír announced that it would no longer have anything to do with HBGary, the company which apparently drafted the plans, and palantír's CEO issued a statement: "I want to publicly apologize to progressive organizations in general, and Mr. Greenwald in particular, for any involvement that we may have had in these matters."
Heh, palantír technologies. Peter Theil. Back in the news.. connections with Cambridge Analytica. It's just one big ouroboros, isn't it? palantír indeed.
This isn't Peter Theil's only Tolkien named business reference.
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Wikileaks

Post by Frelga »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

The irony of Assange's representatives complaining about the leak of the police report is too rich.
That ain't irony. That's hypocrisy.

This - this is, like, hyper-hypocrisy.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/981452587173142528
Screenshot_20180424-224709-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20180424-224709-01.jpeg (68.5 KiB) Viewed 6886 times
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
RoseMorninStar

Re: Wikileaks

Post by RoseMorninStar »

We can't even make this stuff up, can we? Satire writers have got to have it tough these days.
My heart is forever in the Shire.