Why Aren't Women Advancing At Work? Ask a Transgender Person

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Why Aren't Women Advancing At Work? Ask a Transgender Pe

Post by Frelga »

I was wondering why, after decades of working with male programmers and IT techs, I have practically zero personal experience with that BS. Then it came to me. All the guys I've worked with have been hired either by or with the input of female managers and employees. Anyone who gives off a skeezy vibe either self-eliminates, or we weed him out. Once, when I had a male boss, I had to put my foot down and tell him that no, we are not hiring that guy, he gives me the creeps. That boss did manage to hire a grade A jerk, but he was an equal opportunity jerk, and in fact worked better with me than with almost anyone else including a guy of very similar age and background.
Last edited by Frelga on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Why Aren't Women Advancing At Work? Ask a Transgender Pe

Post by Frelga »

DP, sorry
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!