Chichester Peregrines

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
Elentári

Chichester Peregrines

Post by Elentári »

I thought members mght be interested to learn about the Peregrine falcons that have been nesting on top of the Cathedral at Chichester, in the south of England. This of course brings "twitchers" from all over and is a great attraction for the city, and cathedral in particular. The RSPB pitch up a marquee in the grounds of the Closters Cafe, and have telescopes set up, and live footage on a TV screen for visitors to look at.

This pair have been nesting here for 10 years and have now raised 34. This year the female laid 4 eggs (as is normal for her) and so far 2 have hatched over the past two days...

There is a live webcam and Blog so you can follow their activities!

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

The third chick hatched this morning!

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:love: So cool! I love to watch those nestcams (when I have time)!

We have peregrines who nest in the cities around here, too, and I absolutely love the fact that they've adapted to city life and are flourishing.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

And the fourth hatched just after lunch! It's been unusually hot this year for April so uncomfortable for mum and dad on the nest - but they really are great parents. :love:
~Diana Cortes