The Lord of the Rings Musical - My review

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

LOLOL, I'd not meant to look in here again, but it only takes a certain dose of alcohol (which always makes me very favourably inclined to all mankind, just as described in the Ode to Joy, which is really a drinking song, if you read all the verses, but that's just btw), old threads revived with interesting names and nothing else to do and I'm back... :blackeye:

Anyway, yeah, if Cologne actually manages to acquire LOTR that'd be great! :D (I haven't heard anything - any news?)

I'll probably cringe to hear it in German (understanding what they say doesn't make it better, quite the contrary ;) ), and it would probably not be the 'just one of a hundred fun performances' that it was London, but an 'Event' (i.e. lots of security nonsense, which I hate, going on - we had to have our bags searched to go to the LOTR symphony a few years ago :roll: ) - but if it does come here I'd be ever so thrilled to organise a LOTR musical m00t here! :love:
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

It might be doable, if the price isn't on an astronomical level.
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

It looks like they really mean to go ahead with it. :shock: :D

A Home for Hobbits
City presents model for new musical theatre.

(Summary of main points of the article)...the design shows a parabolic shaped building with concave walls.
Seating for 1800 people is planned, building is planned to start in early summer, but some more opinions and certificates need to be finished.

This is in a developing part of the city (think south-east London ;) ), which the city is attempting to brush up, eg. by giving it a new mall etc in recent years. Had a look at a map, some industrial wasteland round there, but the theatre is close enough to public transport.

:D
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.