GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Ethelwynn

Hi to all

Post by Ethelwynn »

Thanks for the warm greetings, all. And don't worry about me. I'm just glad to have found another home after the old one dumped us off like three day old haggis. :hug:

As for salmon, forget that. I'll eat the salmon and swing the fancy chairs if I need to. Having six Irish brothers has taught me tact.
Bite off more than you can chew. Then, chew it. Ask for seconds.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Ah, a woman after my own heart. I've never understood all the waste of good salmon that goes on around here. And don't worry, Holby's got a hard head.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Welcome Ethelwynn. Hope this works out for you.... and all of us.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Ethelwynn

Post by Ethelwynn »

And hello back to you, SF. Glad to see you doing something that doesn't involve work.
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

It's not "good salmon", you know. It's . . . the sort that you left in the trunk of your car on a hot day and forgot about. :(
Dig deeper.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Yes, the good salmon goes for dinner, with dill sauce or perhaps just a squeeze of lemon.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Ethelwynn

Post by Ethelwynn »

Or a shot of lime and a dash of good chili powder. Anyone else getting hungry?
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Fish is still fish.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, QuackingTroll, to the Hall of Fire! :welcome:

And may the hair on your toes never fall out, either!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Hi QT...Good to see you here! :wave:
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome, QuackingTroll! What a great name!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Hi, to Ethelwynn and QuackingTroll! :wave:

I love both names, actually. :)
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

It's an important and popular fact, that trolls do not in fact quack. The sound they emit is more of a moof than a growl, but in any case a quack it most assuredly is not.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

<groan>

It's gonna be the Balrog's wings all over again.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Holbytla wrote:It's an important and popular fact, that trolls do not in fact quack. The sound they emit is more of a moof than a growl, but in any case a quack it most assuredly is not.
Moofing Trolls, certainly. But Quacking Trolls most certainly do quack.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

<buries face in hands>
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Primula Baggins wrote:<groan>

It's gonna be the Balrog's wings all over again.
Not at all. Trolls taste nothing like chicken.
More akin to kine, but bordering on water buffalo sauteed in hemp.
Ethelwynn

Post by Ethelwynn »

Just a question, Holbytla, but are you going to be the one to tell a Troll that he does not quack if he wants to quack? I'll pay to see this. I'm more concerned that he doesn't quack after about 10 pm on school nights.

The main problem I've found with cooking Troll is that you can't use the meat during daylight. It goes beyond tough. This means it's only usable for a late-night dinner or very early breakfast. Worse luck!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Lhûn, to the Hall of Fire! :wave:
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Hi Lhûn, and welcome! Hope you will be very happy here. :)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes