GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Welcome, jotnar! :wave:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
jotnar

Post by jotnar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Welcome to my friend, jotnar! :welcome:
Thank you Voronwë, my friend, for your most kind greeting. It has taken me a little time to find this treasure trove of a site, and as one of those who have been obliquely criticised for their approach "in another place", I will ensure my style is suitably ameliorated. :D

And thank you also, Primula. I think I like it here already. :)
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Oh, cool, jotnar is here. :wave:
"What a place! What a situation! What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."

Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I'm glad you found your way here! Among other things, I hope you take the opportunity to post any thoughts (including criticisms!) about Arda Reconstructed that you may care to share.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
jotnar

Post by jotnar »

Voronwë, you have my promise that I will share my thoughts on Arda Reconstructed when I have given your work its deserved attention.

Frelga, your welcome has caused the broadest smile to stitch itself to my lips. I am immensely flattered, but fear I am signally undeserving of such a greeting. :)
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Grrrr

welcome

Grrrr

;)
jotnar

Post by jotnar »

Smaug's voice wrote:Grrrr

welcome

Grrrr

;)
Why thank you. Does Smaug talk with sidd's voice? :D

No substantive posts here, as yet. My powder is drying... ;)

Good to make your reacquaintance, S_v. :hug:
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to BlackFox! :cheers:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Re: GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Welcome to the first new member of our new look board, Airyyn! Mae govannen!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Airyyn! :wave:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to janney as well! :welcome:
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

I hope the Q&A Captcha is working!
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

It does appear to be, Al!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Janney! :welcome: Always nice to see a new face!

Alatar, I actually saw a light layer of dust on Voronwë's bot-slaying axe this morning.

We haven't had a single bot sign up since the Q&A Captcha went in. At least, the last time I checked, there had been no bot deletions (they're logged now). Thank you so much!
Voronwë the Faithful

Actually I did delete some this morning, but they were ones from before the Q&A Captcha had been installed that had somehow managed to activated themselves and therefore were not on the list of inactive users.
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to snapdragon_x. :cheers:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, snapdragon_x! Pull up a chair by the fire and join the conversation! :wave:
Voronwë the Faithful

Mae govannen, Mithranduil!
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Welcome to the boards Mithranduil!
Mithranduil

Post by Mithranduil »

firstly, thrice thank-yous Voronwë! For validating my membership and thanks again for the warm welcome, you and Smaug's voice.

I hope my nickname/username doesn't look silly. I'll be posting here regularly! I post at TORN and TORC too, "leonmuse" and "MithrandirMatheus" respectively.

PS: Hannon le Siddharth(sid),my thanks to you for showing me TORC and this Warm Hall! Hail Hail Sid, mellon of mellons!