General Hobbit Movie Info (AVOID IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS)

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

That link is gone, apparently; if anyone comes across another, I'd appreciate a link here. (I would have thought a link through TORN would be OK and allowed to stand.)
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Oh, bummer. Maybe Elen will be able to scan the article. I recall her doing so for the last major Hobbit Empire article.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Sure, will get on it! :)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

You're the best!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Aw shucks! Image

I thought it simplest to give one link for the album where I put the scans and you can click on each image within that...

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss19 ... ug%202011/
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Thank you so much, Elen! :love:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks! That's great.

You know, Thorin's look is growing on me. I think if you just take the Hobbit into account (and not the information about his age contained in the LOTR appendices), it is perfectly appropriate. And given the statement of the author of the Empire article about him exuding steely conviction, I really think that it will work out okay.
Voronwë the Faithful

Can I post a link for the poor folks at TORN who are finding that they can't see anything at the original link?
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

I don't have any objection, but what's the risk if we publicize it there that the same thing might happen again?
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

Well the original scans were at a place called tumblr that looks like some kind of commercial site. I doubt anyone will make you remove the scans from photobucket. But I'll copy them into my own photobucket page first, just so we have a back-up. ;)
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Okay! :thumbsup:
~Diana Cortes
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

tumblr's a social site where kids (especially) post photos and videos and such. It's pretty popular. Or so the kids today tell me.
Voronwë the Faithful

On second thought, I'm not going to do it. I don't want to get in trouble with the TORN administration.

Again.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Probably wise; I'm sure they've got you pegged as a maverick and a danger to us all.
SirDennis

Post by SirDennis »

I'd hate to think it was quoting geordie that changed his mind... :(
Voronwë the Faithful

No, I hadn't even seen that, Dennis. Completely unrelated.
SirDennis

Post by SirDennis »

8)
Actually I thought of coming here to complain about the free for all the Empire article has generated over there (the likes of which rival the union debates last fall) but then I remembered it is against the rules to do so.
Voronwë the Faithful

Well, to be perfectly clear, it only prohibited for the Marshals to comment on other messageboards (a rule that I skirted at best with my comment some months ago). It is not prohibited for all members to comment on other messageboards. We only ask that such comments be productive and not just an airing of grievances for the sake of airing grievances. I could certainly imagine a comment such as you describe falling within that perview (though even saying that much again skirts the rule against Marshals commenting on other messageboards).

The full policy can be seen here.
SirDennis

Post by SirDennis »

8) x2

For the record, another link, to the same host I think, has been posted at TORn. I mention it only because it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

:whistle: