Lord of the Rings Online going Free to Play!

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Lord of the Rings Online going Free to Play!

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Inanna wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:29 pm Motivation:

[images omitted]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are pretty. It doesn't make me want to play, but they are pretty.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

So, people? Any plans to play soon?

Elengil, for you and I to do it together we both should scale up in level? Get to tougher quests? Or we can start anytime? I’ve forgotten when I had started playing with people.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Maybe this weekend....
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:43 pm So, people? Any plans to play soon?

Elengil, for you and I to do it together we both should scale up in level? Get to tougher quests? Or we can start anytime? I’ve forgotten when I had started playing with people.
I don't think it matters much, so long as we're within a couple levels of each other.

I think I'm right at 7 now, let me know when you're done with the intro region, I'm ready to come to you :)
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

What would a total n00b need to do to play?
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Frelga, Just the Intro quest, which I just finished. It’s all insanely simple.

Yes, am done with that elengil, and am at level 7 too. I’m at Archet. Where are you?

Maybe we coordinate a time here? And then Login together and make a group? And then others join that same group? I remember there was something like groups back then…
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm Frelga, Just the Intro quest, which I just finished. It’s all insanely simple.

Yes, am done with that elengil, and am at level 7 too. I’m at Archet. Where are you?

Maybe we coordinate a time here? And then Login together and make a group? And then others join that same group? I remember there was something like groups back then…
Yeah, called 'fellowships' :D

Frelga, you pick the race and 'class' you want to play, create the character's looks, give them a name (this tends to be the most frustrating part since "that name is taken" is their favorite phrase ever) and then there is a introduction area where you play through some quests that act as a tutorial for the game, that takes maybe an hour tops? And you don't have to do all the quests it offers you can skip some of them to save time. But after that it puts you into one of the starting areas of the map - either the Dwarf city, the Elf city, or the Human/Hobbit town, and you can then join up with us. Unfortunately once we're out of those initial intro 'tutorial' areas we can't go back to them to join you, but once you're in the main open game we can!

Inanna, I'm in Celondim but it's a quick ride to Combe to join you!

Since this is the server all my other characters are on, I can sneak us some nice beginning gear if you're all interested 8)
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna, I am home and available if you are :)
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

OMG. Would 45 mins be too late for you? I might get done in 30 but child is pushing back bedtime with Olympics, her Dad etc.

I’m logging in now, though.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

OMG we are in a fellowship!
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:28 am OMG. Would 45 mins be too late for you? I might get done in 30 but child is pushing back bedtime with Olympics, her Dad etc.

I’m logging in now, though.
Not at all I'm actually on a bit earlier than I thought so I'm good for... proabably about an hour but my mic doesn't seem to want to work
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

What would we do with a mic?

And I think fellowships are formed in a session. While groups or something are stable. With a separate chat channel & all. I was in one 10 years ago.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:50 am What would we do with a mic?

And I think fellowships are formed in a session. While groups or something are stable. With a separate chat channel & all. I was in one 10 years ago.
Oh you mean a Kinship! Yeah, we can make one of those :)

I think if we are in a fellowship we can use voice chat if we both have a mic/headphones
was a 2020 planner.

elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna, I sent you some more goodies. The perks of me having crafty characters :D

Jude, Frelga, have you both given up on trying to get into the game, or have you just not had time?
was a 2020 planner.

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

If I get through all my chores today, I'll give it a try as a reward. It is possible, in that no laws of physics would be violated. :blackeye:

Won't it be annoying to experienced players, to have a total n00b like myself in the party? I mean, a total n00b to any kind of gaming, not just this game.

elengil

Post by elengil »

Frelga wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:03 pm If I get through all my chores today, I'll give it a try as a reward. It is possible, in that no laws of physics would be violated. :blackeye:

Won't it be annoying to experienced players, to have a total n00b like myself in the party? I mean, a total n00b to any kind of gaming, not just this game.
Nope! Not for me!
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I would love to have you there. I found it quite boring yesterday without elengil.

And I’m a total n00b as well. I played 10 years ago for 3 months, barely leveled up and found it easier to “follow” elengil than try and navigate that cellar myself. We did kill the spider!!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

And ooh, thanks elengil. I’ll check it out when I login!
elengil

Post by elengil »

And Frelga, if you want me to help you out from the very beginning just let me know what race of character you end up making and I'll make another one to help you through the introduction bit.
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Me too, me too!