The 4K Release of Lord of the RIngs and The Hobbit

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Jude
Lán de Grás

Re: The 4K Release of Lord of the RIngs and The Hobbit

Post by Jude »

Apparently there will be the original trailer that was shown at Cannes and hasn't been seen since then.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Yeah, but that's not new footage. I mean stuff like Faramir and Eowyns wedding, or cut scenes from Arwen at Helms Deep. Stuff we've heard about but never seen. And lets be honest, it will all be on youtube within a few weeks, so not sure I'd spend €250 on anything less than a recut and re-edited version of each movie.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Alatar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:10 pm Yeah, but that's not new footage. I mean stuff like Faramir and Eowyns wedding, or cut scenes from Arwen at Helms Deep. Stuff we've heard about but never seen. And lets be honest, it will all be on youtube within a few weeks, so not sure I'd spend €250 on anything less than a recut and re-edited version of each movie.
Exactly.... well, I wouldn't pay that kind of $ for a re-edit/recut either. I did read somewhere Viggo saying they filmed a swath of footage of he and Arwen in Lothlórien, but he hadn't ever seen it. You know there had to be a lot of good outtakes and cuts. Hoping it didn't get swept up off the cutting room floor and disposed of. Either way, I'll wait for it all to show up on youtube, and for a complete madern remake of the trilogy... ;)
I am an outlaw,
I was born an outlaw's son
The highway is my legacy
On the highway I will run