GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Welcome indeed, Elentári. It is so nice to see a pleasant new face. I look forward to seeing you around here!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

I've been lurking for a while and thought I ought to take the plunge! Couldn't resist Al's (may I call you Al already, Sir?) Lord of the Pants thread :rofl:

I hope I can manage to contribute something worthwhile eventually here. ;)
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

You already have! :D
Welcome on board. :cheers:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Voronwë the Faithful

Indeed you have! And I look forward to more. :)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Elentári wrote:Couldn't resist Al's (may I call you Al already, Sir?) Lord of the Pants thread :rofl:
Everyone calls me Al! ;)
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

Who?
rwhen

Post by rwhen »

Welcome Elentári!! I hope you enjoy this lovey website. And, that I get to know you as well.

:D
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:Who?
Trust the scholar to question the record. ;)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
baby tuckoo
Deluded Simpleton

Post by baby tuckoo »

*Loves original Irie, Mr. Ala*

Must watch meds.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

baby tuckoo wrote:Must watch meds.
Why? do they change sizes? or color?
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Welcome, astrang1, to the Hall of Fire! :welcome:

I hope you'll join the conversation wherever it interests you!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful

A strange one, eh?

You should fit right in. :spin:
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Primula Baggins wrote:"Paregoric."
<raps everyone on the knuckles with her thimble>
Alas, pare Goric. I knew him, Horatio.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to The Tall Hobbit. Now there is an intriguing name.

Jump right in, or poke around for a while first. Either way, :welcome:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Yes, welcome, The Tall Hobbit! I'm sure there's a chair by the fire that will fit you! :wave:
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:Welcome to The Tall Hobbit. Now there is an intriguing name.

Jump right in, or poke around for a while first. Either way, :welcome:
Jump right in! It's the best way. :) With the name like The Tall Hobbit, it's bound to be good.
:cheers:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to André! I'm guessing from your website that you are German, yes? I look forward to chatting with you!

:cheers:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, André! I approve of people with diacritical marks. I hope you'll like it here! :cheers:
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to Varda, the star-kindler! :welcome: