Coffee With Whistler

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Whistler

Coffee With Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Hello, all! Whistler here. I seldom post any more because all I can bring myself to do (after working at the job ten hours daily, and tending to my Alzheimer's patient) is to paint pictures.

It has been brought to my attention that some of you don't have hundreds of dollars to invest in art. For this reason I am now offering coffee mugs—yes, it's true!—featuring details from my paintings. They're expensive coffee mugs, but they're priced considerably below the gallery art.

You'll find them at the Zazzle site in my sig, or you can go to them directly at this link:

http://www.zazzle.com/vanevanfuller/gif ... 3608664847

I also have refrigerator magnets and other tasteful items, but we won't talk about those.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I am delighted to say that I have ordered four Whistler mugs. I feel sure that coffee will be even more enjoyable when sipped from such lovely cups.

Thanks for offering an inexpensive way to collect your works of art.
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

Here's the link to Whistler's website, so you can enjoy seeing his artwork. Wow! I only recall seeing his cartoon characters before! This is AWESOME!!

http://www.vanevanfuller.com/home

It's nice to see you here, Whistler, if only briefly. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you struggle with your family member's illness.
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Not just mugs! He's got travel mugs and stein glasses, too!

Hm... now to find an excuse for a little indulgence.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Sun and Frelga, many thanks.

Yes, you can customize your mug in quite a few ways. You can even order a black mug on which the image magically appears when hot water is poured into it.

I can attest that all the Zazzle products I've seen so far are every bit as good as you'd find in an upscale gift shop. I have a few packages coming in next week and am expecting the best. I've even ordered a customized necktie...how they do that, I can't imagine.

When you can, have a look at the Fleur d'Or gallery and see how that strikes you. The image was designed with Louisiana buyers (women, primarily) in mind: The fleur de lis is very popular down here because of our French heritage.

The "molten gold" effect was created using a technology invented by George Lucas and his Industrial Light and Magic effects company. It was first used in that Terminator movie (I can't remember which) in which a character morphs into metal.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Whistler, do you happen to know if the travel mug is stainless inside, or plastic?

I think some of your designs are fantastic for a necktie, unique and tasteful. In fact, they would make fantastic textiles, cotton prints or better yet silks.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm afraid I haven't seen a travel mug yet. I'll try to find out.

Yes,I shall certainly make some more ties!
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

A long silk scarf in, say, Aegean Nocturne would make any woman of discerning taste swoon.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Oh, yes, Wampus, that was my favourite last time I looked - great idea!

I particularly like the floral designs, like Canna Lilies, and Waterlilies, but I think the Sousaphone and Mercurial designs are stunning too. :love:
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

I want a skateboard.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Oddly enough, I haven't sold any skateboards yet.

Be the first. Start a trend.
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Did you see my post in The Parlour concerning the Room Settings ideas? I took the liberty to make a few of my own using your pictures as a base, and then created some, uh, let's say more "unique" ones of possibilities in our apartment. I'm sure you will find them fantastic (I'm especially fond of the kitchen cabinets done in Whistler-style) and want to put them on your website.

I may even consider letting you do such a thing. Maybe.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I saw them and was deeply touched.

The kitchen in particular was—pardon me. I'm too emotional.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I am seriously enamored of the Whistler cabinets. I've been thinking of painting mine but couldn't decide what color. Obviously I should use Aegean Nocturne (one of my favorites).

Whistler, do you make house calls?
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Whistler kitchen rocks. Hard. It's really a brilliant idea.

WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

[whine] My life has become so much more complicated!

This morning I had to decide which lovely Whistler mug to drink my coffee from! Four absolutely lovely choices ...

And now I must decide which of the four to take to work. [/whine]

They arrived in perfect condition, well-packed and visually stunning. Thank you for sharing your talent, Whistler!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Yes, the quality of the mugs is very high. The smooth, slick surface holds ink much better than (let's say) a tee shirt.

Do remember that Lux Aeterna is available on a mug as well. It's much cheaper than the painting.
Elmtree

Post by Elmtree »

Whistler, I've been over at your site admiring your artwork (despite a shocking lack of machete headed saints). I didn't see this thread, nor did I look on the zazzle site until now.

I loved Aegean Nocturne... and was delighted to find I could get it on a mug (so I did).
-Elm
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Ah, many thanks, Elm!

That's one of my most popular images. Mrs. Whistler has one of those, too.

Hope you'll enjoy it until I get some machete-heads painted.