The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Many thanks, Alatar...though (as I recall) even Rowling had some trouble selling Harry Potter to British publishers because it was such a demanding read.

I'm afraid I'm pretty burnt out on the whole process. I'd love to kindle the fire again, but after thirty-five years of struggling it's hard to do that.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Hmm, this is the second time someone mentions sending a manuscript to British publishers. And as most American publishers look for North American rights, publication in Brittain should not affect one's chances, should it?

Whistler, too bad about your book. Little children are a lot more subtle and sophisticate than grown ups want to believe them to be.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
TheTennisBallKid
Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Post by TheTennisBallKid »

From NarniaWeb
Entertainment Weekly has an article outlining Walden Media’s plans for the future of the Chronicles of Narnia series of films. Here is the order given:

1. The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (2005)
2. Prince Caspian (2008?)
3. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4. The Silver Chair
5. The Magician’s Nephew
6. The Horse and His Boy
7. The Last Battle

The article also says that, according to Cary Granat, Prince Caspian may be bumped from 2007 to Christmas 2008 due to daunting effects demands. The article adds that Walden plans to use Prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and The Silver Chair to create an interlocking trilogy that will be shot in order.

No official release dates have been announced for any of the upcoming films.
This'll be interesting.

I did like this film a bit better on second viewing (on DVD)...

TtBk
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

TTBK, my son was thrilled to hear that more Narnia movies were coming. Thanks to you, I could give him a timeline. :)

We just rented the DVD. It was the first movie with live fights I let DS watch. I figured it was time to desensitize him to violence a little <-- irony. It worked well enough that he wanted to have a mock swordfight with me afterwards (with pillows for swords). He won.

DH kept exclaiming "Oh, look, the Eagles are coming!" (the griffon B-52s), "Oh, look, Éomer rides to the rescue!", "For Frodo!" (for Narnia) and basically translated the whole thing into LOTR. I had to remind him that there is only a limited number of ways one can film a battle, and really PJ doesn't have a reason to sue the makers of Narnia. :D
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Post by Pearly Di »

Frelga, that's so sweet! :love:

How old is your son? :)

I'm glad you took more to it on second viewing, TTBK. :)
"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... "
Letter no. 246, The Collected Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
Avatar by goldlighticons on Live Journal