Good music and other good stuff on youtube and Facebook

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Good music and other good stuff on youtube and Facebook

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Well, this is a little different!

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

A workout sure to get *everyone's* heart-rate up! :rofl:

The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I've enjoyed this work-out multiple times!! :rotfl:
My heart is forever in the Shire.
elengil

Post by elengil »

:love:

This is oddly ... compelling? Mesmerizing?? Maybe just hilariously bizarre?

was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Elengil, I don't know what that was either but in a good way.

And that workout is very... stimulating.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
elengil

Post by elengil »

Some old BBC footage, some of The Professor himself! Part's I and II

"some interesting and influential elves" *giggle*
was a 2020 planner.

Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Dustyesky (get the pun?)

They are now social media stars in Russia, participating in major cultural festivals.

Weird, but fun.

https://youtu.be/Wcx9iRsscwo

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Surprisingly awesome!
was a 2020 planner.

elengil

Post by elengil »

Impenitent wrote:Dustyesky (get the pun?)

They are now social media stars in Russia, participating in major cultural festivals.

Weird, but fun.

"We bring for you only songs of despair and suffering to fill your hearts with love" :rofl:
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Love the Medieval Pumped-up kicks. I love the way Dustyesky sounds.. but I really don't get it. Perhaps I'd have to have the words translated.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

It's a revolutionary song.

White Army, The Black Baron
Are readying the tzar's throne for us again
But from taiga to the British Seas
The Red Army is the strongest

So let the Red Army
Uplift with power
Its sword with its calloused hand
And so we must, unstoppably
Go into the final mortal battle

It's a good marching song.

There were Ochi Chyornye, but I don't think they did the words
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I guess I really don't understand Dustyesky. Why would a group of Australians would be singing/reliving Russian marching/war songs.

This is freaking awesome. I don't think I have the patience to do something this detailed.. but wow.. so cool.

[media]https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2554054241524004[/media]
elengil

Post by elengil »

RoseMorninStar wrote:I guess I really don't understand Dustyesky. Why would a group of Australians would be singing/reliving Russian marching/war songs.

Pretty sure it's just a play on Dostoyevsky. Dostoyevsky, Dusty-esky...
...Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky, Dostoyevsky also spelled Dostoevsky, (born November 11 [October 30, Old Style], 1821, Moscow, Russia—died February 9 [January 28, Old Style], 1881, St. Petersburg), Russian novelist and short-story writer whose psychological penetration into the darkest recesses of the human heart, together with his unsurpassed moments of illumination, had an immense influence on 20th-century fiction.

This is freaking awesome. I don't think I have the patience to do something this detailed.. but wow.. so cool.
Holy wow! :shock: The patience just to do those trees is amazing! Not sure I'd do a book cover, but a box like that would be awesome!! (Just make sure it has hinges and a lid... ;) )
was a 2020 planner.

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

RoseMorninStar wrote:I guess I really don't understand Dustyesky. Why would a group of Australians would be singing/reliving Russian marching/war songs.
Vodka.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Frelga wrote:
Vodka.
Ah, yes, well THAT makes sense.

elengil.. yes.. a box!!! A treasure box!! A troll hoard!!
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Dustyesky is indeed a play on Dostoyevsky, with overtones of living in small rural Aussie town (esky being a ubiquitous name for a picnic cooler).

I think they're brilliantly fun and funny.

Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Impenitent wrote:Dustyesky is indeed a play on Dostoyevsky, with overtones of living in small rural Aussie town (esky being a ubiquitous name for a picnic cooler).
LOL yay, I finally get the funny :D
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

It wasn't the name that puzzled me.. it was the glorification of Russian military songs. I don't get that. Folk songs I would understand. Vodka is the only explanation.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but here goes: Movie trailer for 'Irresistible' by Jon Stewart:
About an election in small town in Wisconsin, "After the Democrats’ top strategist Gary (Steve Carell) sees a video of a retired Marine colonel (Chris Cooper) standing up for the rights of his town’s undocumented workers, Gary believes he has found the key to winning back the heartland. However, when the Republicans counter him by sending in his brilliant nemesis Faith (Rose Byrne), what started out as a local race quickly becomes an out-of-control and hilarious fight for the soul of America."

Should be interesting.
Túrin Turambar

Post by Túrin Turambar »

Oddly compelling - random Youtuber with no experience of LotR watches FotR for the first time and keeps up a running commentary.