Gender and threats to "Normality" (spilit from "The challenges ahead")

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Sherriff note: attacking other people's views, even obliquely, is not acceptable here and needs to stop. Moreover, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, expressing a false view that certain individuals are mentally ill or "deviant" also would not be acceptable here and would not be tolerated. I'm going to move this discussion to the already existing thread in Tol Eressëa entitled "Gender and Threats to "Normality'" but I am also going to closely monitor what is written and I won't hesitate to remove things that are not appropriate for this board.
A great tree may outlive many a Man, and may remember the seed from which it came ere all the Men that now walk the earth were yet unborn, but the rind upon which you lay your hand, and the leaves which overshadow you, are not as that seed was, nor as the dry wood shall be that decays into the mould or passes in flame. And other trees there are that stand about each different in growth and in shape, according to the chances of their lives, though all be akin, offspring of one yet older tree and sprung therefore from a single seed of long ago.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Dangweth Pengolod