E. Jean Carroll's lawsuits against Trump for Sexual Assault and Defamation

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
RoseMorninStar

Re: E. Jean Carroll's lawsuits against Trump for Sexual Assault and Defamation

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Me too. :nono: Just the kind of thing when you're the subject of a sexual assault and defamation case, don't you think? :roll:
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

:puke:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

Just when you think he can't sink any lower... :nono:
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Sunsilver wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:25 am Just when you think he can't sink any lower... :nono:
I can honestly say that I have never thought that. I fully expect him to sink lower still.
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

I guess it's that I'm used to high-ranking politicians having a certain amount of class:

The first photo shows Canadian opposition leader, Steven Harper, and P.M. Justin Trudeau laying a memorial wreath together, shortly after the conclusion of a hard-fought federal election.
Attachments
Harper and Trudeau just after election war memorial Cpl Cirillo.jpg
Harper and Trudeau just after election war memorial Cpl Cirillo.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Obama and Nancy Reagan.jpg
Obama and Nancy Reagan.jpg (66.49 KiB) Viewed 743 times
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

What bothers me even more than his grotesque sexual impropriety is his propensity to think/rule/behave like Nicolae Ceausescu.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Adamanta? or Chica?

I guess Grubb and Burrowes were unavailable.
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Donald Trump said tonight, "I just posted a $91 million bond, $91 million, on a fake story, totally made up story. Think of it: $91 million. I could say things about what it would cost normally. $91 million, based on false accusations made about me by a woman that I knew nothing about, never heard of. I know nothing about her."
Voronwë the Faithful

Carroll v. Trump III - coming to a courtroom in NY soon.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

No self-control what-so-ever. He just can't keep his mouth shut.
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

And Rep. Nancy Mace, Republican of South Carolina, was asked by ABC host George Stephanopoulos this morning when asked how she could support Donald Trump -- who just endorsed her reelection yesterday -- in light of a civil jury having found that he raped E. Jean Carroll. She got angry with Stephanopoulos and claimed that he was trying to "shame" her for having been a rape victim herself (something she acknowledged in a 2019 Congressional speech), and she said that Carroll's case has "made a mockery" of rape. After this morning's broadcast, Mace took to Twitter, posting some 20 times about how disgusting she thought Stephanopoulos was not only for asking her that question but also because of his role in Bill Clinton's campaign and administration.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Annie Andrews did a "behind the scenes" video for Nancy Mace's interview. She also did one for Katie Britt.

If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

N.E. Brigand wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:50 pm Adamanta? or Chica?

I guess Grubb and Burrowes were unavailable.
:rofl:
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

N.E. Brigand wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:25 am And Rep. Nancy Mace, Republican of South Carolina, was asked by ABC host George Stephanopoulos this morning when asked how she could support Donald Trump -- who just endorsed her reelection yesterday -- in light of a civil jury having found that he raped E. Jean Carroll. She got angry with Stephanopoulos and claimed that he was trying to "shame" her for having been a rape victim herself (something she acknowledged in a 2019 Congressional speech), and she said that Carroll's case has "made a mockery" of rape. After this morning's broadcast, Mace took to Twitter, posting some 20 times about how disgusting she thought Stephanopoulos was not only for asking her that question but also because of his role in Bill Clinton's campaign and administration.
Donald Trump is suing George Stephanopoulos for defamation for having said that Trump was found to have "raped" E. Jean Carroll. Good for Trump for doing what he can to remind people that the jury only found that he sexually assaulted her. He's right that more people should know that. (Of course, the judge subsequently said that it was acceptable to use the word "rape," because that's how ordinary people would describe it.)
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

N.E. Brigand wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:06 amI think it may be helpful to note that Republicans were among the many people who were outraged by the reports of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and other "Hollywood" figures sexually assaulting women and getting away with it, which was a leading impulse behind the passage of the survivors' law that made it possible for Carroll to sue Trump for assault. Trump is very much in that Hollywood club. Remember that he called himself a "star," while being interviewed for Access Hollywood, no less, and used that to explain how he could get away with sexual assault.
Speaking of Harvey Weinstein, in a 4-3 ruling, a New York appeals court today overturned Weinstein's 2020 rape conviction there on the grounds that the trial judge shouldn't have let other Weinstein victims testify about what he did to them, which was done to establish Weinstein's state of mind. The state can opt to retry the case without that evidence. Weinstein is also serving 16 years for a 2022 rape conviction in California.