Nature Pics

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

My pictures are sometimes like kids... I love them, but I just can't pick favourites.

Here are some more:

In that last one I like the raindrops you can see on both the flower and the bee. What I wouldn't have given for a macro lense at that moment...
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I came to this thread today looking for beauty and found so much it is overwhelming! Cem, one of your photos is now the background on my computer screen. I agree with all who say your work is worthy of sale and/or publication. Thank you for letting us see as your artistic eye sees!
TheTennisBallKid
Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Post by TheTennisBallKid »

This weekend I stumbled across what appears to once have been part of a farm...

What remains of some structure...a barn? a house?

A field...

And trees....

ttbk
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Beautiful, ttbk. :love:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

WampusCat wrote:Cem, one of your photos is now the background on my computer screen.
Just out of curiousity, but which one?

Please keep in mind my images are copyrighted (even though I post the unmarked versions here) and may not be reproduced without my permission. Not wanting to seem grouchy, but I am a bit cautious.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I'm so sorry, cem! I'll take it off if you wish. It just suited my mood and I didn't think about it being copyrighted (as well it should be).

The photo shows a nearly setting or recently risen sun peeking under gray clouds.
Bolg of the North

Post by Bolg of the North »

cemthinae-- Bolg, I hope you don't mind that I browsed the rest of your pictures! It's this... habit, I have! Your pugs & golden are adorable!
Thank you, cemthinae, I haven't been on this board for about a month and missed a ton of posts. I like to check out others' photos as well, it attaches some personality to the text on the screen.

The storm cloud in question was taken with a run of the mill Nikon digital and when they turned out I was pleasantly suprised. [/quote]
Care to playChess ?
TheTennisBallKid

ttbk
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

WampusCat wrote:I'm so sorry, cem! I'll take it off if you wish. It just suited my mood and I didn't think about it being copyrighted (as well it should be).
Oh no! I didn't mean for you to take it off. Just that it can't be printed or such without my permission. Thanks.

Was it this one? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/ll ... nrise1.jpg

I just am curious as to which pictures people like. :)

Hi, Bolg. Welcome back, of sorts. Not that I'm a regular here or anything... I just stop by to drop off pictures.

:love: for TTBK

And... for this reason I was almost late to work today:

WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Yes, that's it! Something about it really speaks to me right now, even though there are other photos I liked just as much or more. Thanks.
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

Well, it's always a compliment when someone likes your work enough to use it.

We had our first frost this morning. I can't wait to post some of the pictures I took...
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I can't wait to see them!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Oh, cem! Those are just exquisite. Especially the frost-rimed blades of grass. And the first one, the sunrise. But all of them are beautiful. :love:
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

I haven't been in this thread in forever, but I am so glad I checked it out tonight!

I am in awe of cem's and ttbk's talents.

:shock:

Thank you for taking the time to share them!
TheTennisBallKid

Anthy, :sunny:

ttbk
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

I couldn't pick favourites either.

When I go through this thread, I keep thinking "Oh my God!" and I can even write it, because I think it - feel it - in the best possible sense, with deep gratitude to the creation. :)
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

ttbk, that is amazing. I especially love the black & white shot of the leaves in the ice. :love:

One of the things I do to try to reduce stress is to look at pictures like these, and I've discovered that I can load them into a screensaver and just sit and watch them fade slowly from one to the next, with my office dark and peaceful. I have added a lot of ttbk and cem's photos to a folder called "Arda Unmarred" on my desktop, which I now use for this. It's helped a lot.

I hope this use is OK. I won't print or share the photos anywhere, and because they're in the folder I know who they belong to, so they won't be mixed in with anything I do share or used in a sig or some such.

You just both have a gift for creating images that bring peace.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Primula Baggins wrote:You just both have a gift for creating images that bring peace.
I absolutely agree.
cemthinae
TTBK's cemmie

Post by cemthinae »

Possible some of the best compliments we could get!

I adore some of these latest pictures that The Kid has snapped. The first one he posted here is my current desktop. It somehow, once again, reminds me of me... trying to fly and let go, yet a bit stuck... for now...

Prim, I don't mind, as long as you are just viewing them. :) I want people to enjoy them! That's why I share.

I also generally post much smaller images so it makes them hard to print off. ;)