The all too early Season Two thread (possible spoilers)

For discussion of Amazon's new television show "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"
Snowdog

Re: The all too early Season Two thread (possible spoilers)

Post by Snowdog »

No.... well, I guess it does if you pay Jon $5 a month.... I meant it was Elora from TORc back in the day. She posted her review on facebook. She doesn't do forums these days.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Gotcha!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

I'm not expecting June and Ward Cleaver to walk through the door. I get that in 2024 the lines are more gray than 70+ years in the past, and that the characters need to be more Fëanor complicated like.

Would it be so wrong or too boring to have a Fingolfin type character today? I know we got 5 minutes of Finrod, but isn't it possible to flesh out some elf who was more Fingolfin like, for a longer period?

Am I just too out of touch?

After multiple watches, I'm feeling that Adar was the best written character. And that's not a comforting thought.