Nature Pics

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: Nature Pics

Post by Inanna »

*I* heard there’s a season in Melbourne where magpies attack people.

Here’s a heron at Turtle pond, Central Park: Image
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

It's Australia, everything attacks people.

Majestic birds both.

All I got is turkeys.
PXL_20240914_193043855.jpg
PXL_20240914_193043855.jpg (202.46 KiB) Viewed 134 times
"What a place! What a situation! What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."

Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Inanna wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:28 pm*I* heard there’s a season in Melbourne where magpies attack people.
Only if they see you as a threat during nesting season. Usually bicycle riders will get swooped on streets or park-paths. It's kind if like dogs chasing cars in a way. Occasionally walkers, but I've never had a problem as I tend to talk to them. Our resident family of four that hung around our old house would chase the ravens and occasionally swoop bike riders along the greenway trail behind the house.

Our resident Ravens are entering their spring nesting period. They have been collecting just the right sticks from the yard, and sometimes they will bring things to us in return. Shiny rocks, a wingnut, a tile square, sticks, etc. I'll find my photos and share them.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins