Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Prayer Thread

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That's horrible, Lali. I hope he is okay. :hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Me too. :(

I was just at his house in May to celebrate the First Communion of two of his children.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Lali, I am so sorry. He and his family are in my prayers. I hope he will recover well.

It's such a bitter thing to live in a world so full of hate. :(
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

That's terrible, Lali! I hope he recovers completely.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Thank you. :(
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

He is home for now because they couldn't do the surgery due to swelling. He faces several reconstructive surgeries and a long road of healing.

They did later get into a shootout with the suspect after he opened fire on other officers, and the suspect is dead.

Honestly, I don't have the extra energy to be sad about that. I don't know his story, and I don't care right now either. I do know he was wanted for a homicide and several other crimes. I do know he drove up next to T and shot him for no effing reason. T thought he was just pulling up to ask for directions. I do know he's messed up T's life in a horrific way, possibly disfiguring him for life, and T is lucky to be alive. I know their (T and my BFF, J) dad had to hear all of this go down in real time and be helpless to do anything about it, just listen to his son saying, "Help me, help me" over and over.

So please forgive me if I'm not sufficiently sad over this criminal being killed. I'm relieved, in fact.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I certainly don't think that is anything to apologize for. Whatever this person's story is, he is guilty of doing terrible things.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh my goodness. :(. I'm so sorry, Lali. Sending All the energy & positive thoughts that I can send.

Be careful driving....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

Oh, Lali. I am so, so sorry. :hug:

What can men do, against such reckless hate?
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

I'm so sorry, Lali. I hope he recovers. Wishing him strength and hope.

Posting on phone via Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Beutlin

Post by Beutlin »

Lali: I hope your best friend's brother can make a full physical recovery and that his psychological scars will not be too great.

A quick google search seems to reveal some positive news for T.: http://fox2now.com/2016/11/23/officer-s ... s-n-hoses/

Lali, if you think this link is inappropriate in any way, please let me (or the administrators know)
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

No, that's fine, Beutlin. Thank you for posting it. I was coming here to do so. :)

He is doing remarkably well. There is much to repair internally, and they are concerned about his eye (that the muscle or something might be injured). But, otherwise, yeah, he's doing really well. He will definitely need psychological help, too, though.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I hope he continues to do remarkably well, mentally and physically.

Not so good news for my coworker. Possibly really bad news, I'll hear more tomorrow.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:( :hug:

As for T, the reality of it all is sort of setting in, and it's rough. He still needs thoughts and prayers.
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

My daughter's best friend just lost her first baby...she was 6 months pregnant and everything had been seemingly fine. She went in for her regular check-up and they couldn't find a heartbeat. She and her husband are naturally devastated. It was a little girl; they had already named her, the nursery was all set up and her baby shower was going to be next month. So, so sad. Prayers for them as they grieve.
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oh, that is so terribly sad and hard! :( I will pray for them, and I will pray that people don't say stupid things to them.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Lalaith wrote:Oh, that is so terribly sad and hard! :( I will pray for them, and I will pray that people don't say stupid things to them.
Amen. :(

JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Thanks. My daughter is going out to see her next weekend; she is so sad for her friend and so upset that there really is NOTHING she can do. I told her that just BEING there is doing something and the fact that her friend wanted her to come is important. :(
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

I'm sorry to hear this. My sympathetic thoughts to the young couple. :(

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.