2010 Olympics (potential spoilers if you can't watch live)

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

vison wrote:Closing ceremony:

I love Neil Young and he was great. I even liked Michael Buble and the silly "Canadian" outrageous show that featured William Shatner. William Shatner, for pete's sake. :shock: I shake my head, but I laugh, too. :rofl:
If I were Canadian I'd prefer William Shatner over Pam Anderson anyday. Actually I'd pick Donald Sutherland over Shatner, but hey I'm not running the show. :D ;)

The Canadians should be proud of everything, well done, even though you had to work for that hockey gold.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

I enjoyed these winter games more than any in a very long time.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Lurker
Crazy Canuck

Post by Lurker »

Hi folks!
Just got from my three week volunteering duties at the Canada Hockey Place! Woohoo! I had the time of my life! I had to stand on my feet eight hours/a day but it's worth it esp. when Canada won the gold. Man, GM Place literally shook. Just signed up for London 2012, crashing at a friend's place again.

I'm glad my high school friend put up with me and my family (with two toddlers) while we were in Vancouver. The kids enjoyed it esp. when I took them to the closing ceremonies they love the giant moose and beavers.
“Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.” - Jeremy Bentham (1748 - 1832)
Lurker
Crazy Canuck

Post by Lurker »

I've got way too many stories to tell. I even had a chance of talking to Michael Phelps, you know the swimmer. ;) He was bringing some swags with an IOC member I was assigned to work transportation that day. I go, hmmm...I know this guy...just couldn't figure out who he is. He needed a car so I had to check accreditation, yup, it was him! :D I was not a huge fan but I was leaping off my skin when he patted my back and said thanks!! I talked to another former US athlete (will remain anonymous) who was upset because he had to wait for his car for 15 mins. I just nod and smiled while he complained and told him it's just stuck in traffic.

Princess was working at Pacific Coliseum, figure skating but she only worked a few days since we had toddlers in tow and I don't expect my friend's parents to babysit everyday. (I bought them tickets to the opening ceremonies and Swiss - Canada hockey.) :) Unlike me, I worked almost everyday but it's hockey who cares right!! She was upset when she worked outside when Joannie Rochette won her bronze medal but she had fun.
“Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.” - Jeremy Bentham (1748 - 1832)
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Hi Lurker! Been waiting to hear from you :)

I knew you'd have plenty of tales to regale us with - sounds like you had a blast!

Good to hear you're booked in for 2012 already - I hope there'll be a chance of a meet up when you're my side of the Pond! :thumbsup:
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes