Lord of the Rings Online going Free to Play!

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: Lord of the Rings Online going Free to Play!

Post by Inanna »

Am back in NY time zone. The usual. :)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Hey! I'm retired, and it's pouring rain for the next week, and I'm on the same time zone as Elengil (TORC time). So maybe I can finally dip a toe in. Or is that possible?
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Of course it's possible!!!

I'd suggest starting the download now just to avoid the frustration.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
elengil

Post by elengil »

So, just a warning, our lights have been flickering suspiciously all day, so if I'm not around tomorrow, it's because I don't have power.
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh No. Boo-Hoo.

Whats a good time to play? I am all ready!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

just woke up lol gimme a few to get tea and settled.

also, it's 18 degrees and snowing, which is close to unheard of here these days. so. definitely not leaving my nest today LOL
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Lol. Sure. 45 & Sunny here; am out for my second walk. We had rain the last two days.
elengil

Post by elengil »

ok!

I have tea

I have cat

I have time

I am logging in

(we still have flickering lights...)
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

am getting on. :)
elengil

Post by elengil »

sorry, came back and game crashed. working on it
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Ah ok. Am talking to Strider in the meantime
elengil

Post by elengil »

ok no idea what is going on, it crashed so hard it won't even finish crashing. I can't even force it to end the program... :bang:
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Ow. Give it time.

I landed in Rivendell while trying to proceed on Chapter 7….
elengil

Post by elengil »

enjoy the views :)
was a 2020 planner.

narya
chocolate bearer

Post by narya »

Well that took a full afternoon, on and off, to set up. They kept trying to get money out of me and I kept politely pushing other buttons to avoid doing so. I now have two characters, Laureanna the elf, and Skypilot the Hobbit. (Skypilot may seem like an unlikely name for a hobbit, but it is actually a brilliant blue flower that only grows at over 12,000 feet in the Sierra Nevada mountains. I've only seen it once in person but it is one of my favorite flowers. And all the other flower names I could think of were taken already. And I used to be a glider pilot, so there's that.) Maybe we can get together tomorrow.
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
elengil

Post by elengil »

Sounds awesome!

I had to hard restart my computer and then got busy doing laundry (sorry!) but I am off all week so I can still play tomorrow.

Did you just create the characters or did you take any of them through the beginning instances? (It takes you up through I think level 5 before it lets you loose in the world as a whole)

And which one do you want to play first, your elf or your hobbit? So I can make a character that will start in the same instance area.
was a 2020 planner.

narya
chocolate bearer

Post by narya »

I just wandered around Crickhollow with Skypilot for a few minutes. Should I level up a bit before we meet? And is there any way to level up besides killing people and spiders?
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Yes, let me know too. I’ve never played a hobbit - that sounds fun.
elengil

Post by elengil »

narya wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:25 am I just wandered around Crickhollow with Skypilot for a few minutes. Should I level up a bit before we meet? And is there any way to level up besides killing people and spiders?
You don't have to as we can level up together if we all start new characters. I only have one more slot available though so I can either make a man/hobbit or an elf/dwarf since they combined the starting instance of those races together. I'll do a hobbit though if you like that, and we can have a merry little band :D
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I do have a level 3 Man Archer, I could use that one & get to crickhollow?