Miles Vorkosigan saga

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: Miles Vorkosigan saga

Post by Frelga »

Jude, I don't remember if you said, have you tried a library app? I'm going through the series on audiobooks now.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Inanna, one of the things we discovered is that your mail-to-kindle email is not the same as the email you registered with. If you go to "settings" you find a mail-to-kindle email address; in my case it was my regular username + underscore + randomly-generated gobbledygook at kindle.com, even though I registered with my regular yahoo address.

I have accounts with amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk, and amazon.com. When Imp sent the loan to my yahoo address, the link automatically took me to amazon.com. It landed on a page offering to sell me a kindle device. Then it claims my kindle was registered under amazon.co.uk, so it couldn't transfer the book there. Which is nonsense, I only registered with my email, not an amazon account.

But in the end it doesn't matter, because I may have found an alternative source for this book...
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

There are several places online you can get the title.
If they won't ship to you, I can get one and send it to you.
for instance:
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/borders-o ... on=2257402
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

But the mail-to-kindle address is the one used for sending kindle documents that are then transferred to the kindle format. That’s the same one used for sharing books?

Bummer. I even tried the wrong email with my middle sis. And the called her nameS when she couldn’t see it. Oops!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

The long and the short of it is that Amazon wants to make loans difficult because it's more profitable if you are forced to buy the title. :x
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

That was my thinking as well. Which means I'll probably never actually buy anything from Kindle.