Arlo Guthrie has Gone Fishing

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Snowdog

Arlo Guthrie has Gone Fishing

Post by Snowdog »

Gone Fishing.
Yes, he has retired from touring and live performances due to health issues.
Lets hope he will still take the stage at the church every now and then.
Thank you Arlo for a lifetime of good music and stories!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Arlo Guthrie has Gone Fishing

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Yes, indeed. He had such a legacy to live up to, and he managed to create his own legacy with grace, humor, intelligence and great spirit. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to see him perform live on a numerous occasions (most recently just a few weeks after that April Fools Day that he describes).
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

I was glad he was able to tour through Australia in 2019 including the Byron Bay Bluesfest.
This review of the Adelaide show pretty much sums up the Melbourne show a week earlier.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

And with Alice's Resturant coming around and going off on the guitar another year, I found this recent write-up about Alice Brock. I know she isn't in very good health and I donated when Arlo Guthrie posted about her on his website, but it's good to know they have surpassed their goal and then some! May Alice enjoy what years she has in peace.
--Bilbo Baggins
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Thanks!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."