2020 Election: Predictions, Results and Reactions

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Re: 2020 Election: Predictions, Results and Reactions

Post by Dave_LF »

Well... how much is stored locally and how much is "in the cloud" all depends on the software, and on how much of a data hoarder the user is. If they're seizing the phone hoping there are still texts on there from circa January 2021, they could be disappointed. Or not; there are often traces left behind, and there are persistent rumors about OS software squirreling things like location history away without your knowledge among other reasons in case it's needed for law enforcement.

On the other hand, if the goal is to get at cloud data that Apple/Google won't let them access directly, that could be a different story. Though if he's the least bit smart, the first thing he did afterwards was go home and change all his passwords.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

It's hard to say what they are after, but it is telling that they sent out subpoenas for information for 30 to 40 others, but only got warrants for him and a couple of others.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

It looks like the seizure of Liddel's phone might have been separate from the broader 1/6 investigation.
In an interview with CNN, Lindell said agents asked him questions about Tina Peters, the Mesa County, Colorado, clerk who is facing state charges connected to a scheme that allegedly allowed an unauthorized person to access voting machines.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/politics ... index.html
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:24 pm It looks like the seizure of Liddel's phone might have been separate from the broader 1/6 investigation.
In an interview with CNN, Lindell said agents asked him questions about Tina Peters, the Mesa County, Colorado, clerk who is facing state charges connected to a scheme that allegedly allowed an unauthorized person to access voting machines.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/politics ... index.html
I was wondering if that wasn't the case. When the Tina Peters fiasco started unfolding it was mentioned that Secretary Griswold's office was going to get the Feds involved. Griswold also stripped her of her ability to oversee elections in Mesa County and handed the power over to her predecessor, who is a Republican who just so happens to live in Mesa County. Peters has since gone on to run for the CO SoS job and came in dead last in the GOP primary. So, naturally, she screamed fraud. She also got arrested last year by either the Mesa County Sheriff's department or Grand Junction PD (can't remember which) for something completely unrelated to her election shenanigans. Basically, not someone you want within ten miles of public office.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Hardee's :rofl:

My mother thinks the 'My Pillow guy' is practically a god. :doh: :nono:
My heart is forever in the Shire.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I'm putting this here because it relates to Trump's election lies. QAnon-Addled Dad Killed by Cops After Shooting Wife, Daughter: ‘This Is Out of Control’

After the news of this shooting, and subsequent deaths, Trump ('Truth' social) 'tweeted' a photoshopped photo of himself with a Q lapel pin endorsing dangerous conspiracy theories and the coming 'storm'.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

RoseMorninStar wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:23 pm Hardee's :rofl:
In Mankato, MN. I feel like I ate there on a family road trip when I was in grade school. :help:
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Voronwë the Faithful

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Interesting. I thought those had all been deleted?
Voronwë the Faithful

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

RoseMorninStar wrote:Hardee's :rofl:

A god of what?
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Frelga wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:53 am
RoseMorninStar wrote:Hardee's :rofl:

A god of what?
I have no idea. She gushes about him. I'm not joking. It's weird. She's ordered 'his' pillows and a pillowtop mattress pad and slippers to 'support' him. They're just the BEST products EVER! to hit the market. She loves the slippers SO much she (says she) wears them in public. She tells me she got a great deal on them because they're worth $150 but she only paid $80 for them. :suspicious: I don't engage because I really don't want to know more than she already has to say on that subject (or on politics/Trump). Mind, it took some therapy to deal with it but I have coping strategies now. :D
Voronwë the Faithful

RoseMorninStar wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:57 am Interesting. I thought those had all been deleted?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:41 pm
RoseMorninStar wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:57 am Interesting. I thought those had all been deleted?
Curiouser and curiouser. That should be illuminating.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Text messages pass through the cloud and get stored on *at least* two endpoints. It's pretty difficult to delete something like that forever as long as there's someone out there willing to work/pay enough to get it back.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Dave_LF wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:08 pm Text messages pass through the cloud and get stored on *at least* two endpoints. It's pretty difficult to delete something like that forever as long as there's someone out there willing to work/pay enough to get it back.
That was my initial thinking, but given WHO was involved (Secret Service) I thought perhaps they had special means to avoid such things.
Voronwë the Faithful

Voronwë the Faithful

This will be fun.
Voronwë the Faithful