Games, Riddles, Puzzles, and other Distractions

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Re: Games, Riddles, Puzzles, and other Distractions

Post by Jude »

Weird behaviour in wafflegame today - it misjudged my mouse position throughout the whole game. Meaning, when I went to move a letter, it thought I was moving a letter to the left of where I thought I was clicking & dragging. For my first move, I moved a letter two spaces to the left of the letter I thought I was moving. I just got lucky that I accidentally got a green, when I could have easily wasted a move. Once I realized what was happening, I was able to complete the game by clicking & dragging a little to the right of the letter I wanted to move.

When you play today, make your first move slowly and make sure that the letter you were aiming for is moving.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Wordle 719 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Jude wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:30 pm Weird behaviour in wafflegame today - it misjudged my mouse position throughout the whole game. Meaning, when I went to move a letter, it thought I was moving a letter to the left of where I thought I was clicking & dragging. For my first move, I moved a letter two spaces to the left of the letter I thought I was moving. I just got lucky that I accidentally got a green, when I could have easily wasted a move. Once I realized what was happening, I was able to complete the game by clicking & dragging a little to the right of the letter I wanted to move.

When you play today, make your first move slowly and make sure that the letter you were aiming for is moving.
Thanks for the heads up Jude. I didn't have any problems, but it might be because I played late today and I think I missed today's game. I think it switches over at 3 or 4PM my time, so technically I played tomorrow's game. :P
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Wait, does that mean you broke your streak?
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Jude wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:30 pm Weird behaviour in wafflegame today - it misjudged my mouse position throughout the whole game. Meaning, when I went to move a letter, it thought I was moving a letter to the left of where I thought I was clicking & dragging. For my first move, I moved a letter two spaces to the left of the letter I thought I was moving. I just got lucky that I accidentally got a green, when I could have easily wasted a move. Once I realized what was happening, I was able to complete the game by clicking & dragging a little to the right of the letter I wanted to move.

Sounds like my navigation system in my 12 year old car. I have to remember to press my finger about one key to the right of the letter I want, when typing in an address. Which means I can't go anywhere with a "P" in it, because the letter P on the keyboard is right at the edge of the screen. So I can't type in Pinnacles National Park, which is near the towns of Los Pinos and Paicines. :P
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Jude wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:15 am Wait, does that mean you broke your streak?
If that's the way it works I must have because I've been busy and not had time for my games until later in the day. I'll let you know tomorrow, but my stats say I've had a 288 game streak.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Phew!

Wordle 720 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wafflegame seems to be fixed now.
Voronwë the Faithful

Wordle 720 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Wordle 720 5/6*

🟨ImageImage🟨Image
Image🟩🟨ImageImage
Image🟩Image🟩Image
🟨🟩Image🟩Image
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Is that a word?
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Hidden text.
Yes, it's a kind of wood. Its lightness in relation to its strength makes it highly useful.
Voronwë the Faithful

Jude wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 pm
Hidden text.
Yes, it's a kind of wood. Its lightness in relation to its strength makes it highly useful.
Hidden text.
I read that as "Yes, it's a kind of word" and then i was trying to parse out the meaning of the following sentence!
Voronwë the Faithful

Wordle 721 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Wordle 721 4/6*

ImageImage🟩ImageImage
ImageImage🟩🟨Image
ImageImage🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful

Wordle 722 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Wordle 722 4/6*

ImageImage🟩ImageImage
ImageImage🟩ImageImage
🟨🟨🟩ImageImage
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Wordle 723 5/6*

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image🟩ImageImageImage
Image🟩Image🟩Image
Image🟩Image🟩Image
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Voronwë the Faithful

Did I not post mine today? I'll do it when I go home.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Where’s Rose?
Voronwë the Faithful

Wordle 723 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Inanna wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:09 amWhere’s Rose?
Oh, I'm around, doing endless yard work. The yard is looking pretty good, in spite of a lack of rain. I'm getting a bumper crop of strawberries. There are few simple pleasures so satisfying as the little 'snick/snap' a strawberry makes as it is pulled from the vine. It's the little things in life, I guess. :love: I still play my multiple games (Spelling bee, Wordle, Waffle, Squardle, dordle, quordle, octordle, and sedecordle) when I have time, which is most days. I just don't bother to post them. :D