GREETINGS to our Newest Members!

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Welcome, elivak, to the Hall of Fire! :wave:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:cheers:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to Ariandar! Pull up a chair and tell us a story! :cheers:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, Ariandar! :welcome:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome to our lovely new member, Lovely100! :welcome:
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Where are the 99 earlier versions?

:wave:
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Voronwë the Faithful

One of them just posted before this post. And another made the post before my last post in this thread.

:love:
Voronwë the Faithful

:welcome: to Russandol!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Welcome, sador, to the Hall of Fire! :wave: I understand from Voronwë that you had some trouble getting properly added to the membership, and I apologize. All should be correct now. I look forward to reading your posts!
Voronwë the Faithful

Welcome, sador! I think you will find that "nitpicking" is not only tolerated here, but actively enjoyed!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

"Enjoyed"? It's a major-league sport here. :P
sador

Post by sador »

Well, thank you!

I still find it hard to believe that I am posting after all. I have a suspicion what was wrong this morning (local time); I'll try again tomorrow from the same computer and see if it works.

I've already looked a bit around; and even if I manage to strictly keep myself to the Tolkien-discussion boards, there is still more to read (and respond to) than I can afford the time. Ah, well...

But thanks for the welcome. This is a very neat idea, and I hope it will prove a better indication to my presence here, than the travails of logging in portended!
Voronwë the Faithful

sador, please feel free to read and respond to any of the threads in the Tolkien discussion boards (or elsewhere). Don't be hesitant to bump all threads to the top of the forum. I would love to hear your thoughts about some of the things that we have discussed in the passed.

And, once again, welcome!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I am glad to welcome Michael Martinez to the Hall of Fire. :welcome:

Pull up a chair and join the conversation!
Voronwë the Faithful

Michael Martinez? Really?

Cool!
Michael Martinez

Post by Michael Martinez »

Yes. Really.

Thanks. :)
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Hi, Michael Martinez. :)
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Balrogs do have wings and they do taste like chicken.
Michael Martinez

Post by Michael Martinez »

And we call the Balrog of Moria "Fred" over at SF-Fandom.

:rofl:
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Well of course you do. Fred rolls off the tongue ever so more easily than Fryderky does. Though personally I am partial to Fritz.