2016 United States Election

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: 2016 United States Election

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I can't stand the idea of seeing that cartoon of Trump and Putin every time I pull up Tapatalk, so:
Attachments
willow.jpg
willow.jpg (66.67 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Perfect! :love:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

You can turn the preview off in the settings. But this is definitely an improvement. :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks, Frelga. I'll do that in the future if there is something I don't want to see.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Undoubtedly the finest portrait ever to appear in one of our political threads :love:

Although why does it appear slightly vertically stretched? :?
Voronwë the Faithful

I think it is just an optical illusion. All I did was crop the picture, I didn't adjust the size ratio at all.

ETA: Although, looking again at the original, I see what you mean. :scratch:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

She's no more vertically stretched than any other gorgeous supermodel. :love:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Why am I still seeing that cartoon?
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Because you're unlucky.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I'm still seeing it, too, but I've noticed it can take a few hours to change.
tinwë

Post by tinwë »

Can I please un-see that cartoon? Please?
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

:P
Last edited by Maria on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Rigel was a whole lot more humble and generous than Trump. And had more sense. Though he was still an arrogant, self-centered little git.
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

I keep catching expressions that look like Rigel on every newscast of Trump that I see now. :help:

I guess that speaks to the genius of the puppeteers for Rigel's character, more than anything. They really did a great job with him.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

They did. But my favorite Farscape puppet was Pilot. He could make me cry. Jim Henson's folks are geniuses.
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Sorry. Lesson learned.

Posting on phone via Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Impy, the problem was that it was an unpleasant image to see repeatedly on Tapatalk. There was nothing wrong with posting it. I thought it was funny and hope Trump saw it.

Though not here! :shock:
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Impish - it was a great cartoon!

I just don't want to see Trump's face in my thread. Even the recent one - so, thanks Frelga - I just switched off the "image preview" option. Yay!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
tinwë

Post by tinwë »

I thought it funny too. I saw an opportunity to make joke about it, so I took it. I don't use tapatalk, so that's not an issue for me. Please don't feel bad about it Impy.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Also it gave Willow Matilde Shadow Margaret Note Spelling an excuse to appear in this thread!